A community hospital located in Anne Arundel County, situated between Baltimore, Annapolis, and Washington, D.C., Baltimore Washington Medical Center is a 308-bed facility with over 590 physicians on the medical staff. Its numerous areas of specialization include cardiology, orthopaedics, emergency care, vascular, neurosurgery, stroke, geriatrics, and oncology.
Baltimore Washington Medical Center offers specialty care in over 50 areas, including:
To learn more, visit mybwmc.org.
- Surgical Suite Expansion – In September 2011, BWMC opened a $31 million surgical suite expansion. It offers the latest technology for spine, neurosurgery, vascular, orthopedics and robotic surgical cases. The project also included a 30-bed prep and recovery area and a new, modern waiting room.
- Cardiac – A newly renovated cardiac catheterization laboratory, a 24-bed intensive care unit and a step-down unit allows us to provide a wide range of services for patients with heart disease or disorders. BWMC is also designated a cardiac interventional center.
- Inpatient Expansion – In 2009, BWMC added a $117-million inpatient tower with 111 new private patient rooms. The expansion also includes the addition of obstetric services and a satellite location of the University of Maryland Center for Advanced Fetal Care.
- Vascular – In 2007, BWMC brought to the region the latest vascular technology with the addition of an endovascular suite for minimally invasive vascular treatments. It includes a highly advanced patient monitoring system and state-of-the-art intravascular ultrasound system. BWMC is one of the first locations in the country to combine these technologies in a single, interventional room.
Recent Clinical/Programmatic Developments
- Certified as a Cardiac Interventional Center in 2011