Physician careers on Maryland's Eastern Shore.
Chester River Health System offers physicians the kind of intimate care setting that allows them to do their best work. We're known—and appreciated—by the residents of this rural community for our high-quality, comprehensive care and for taking a personal interest in their health and well-being.
You'll also find the kind of professional and personal benefits that can make your career extremely satisfying:
- Whatever your specialty, you'll have the diagnostic and surgical technologies to meet your patients' needs.
- Our surgical facilities support a variety of specialties, including vascular and orthopaedic surgery, thoracic surgery, ophthalmology, oral surgery and dentistry.
- You'll work with colleagues that bring a wide array of experience and sub-specialties to your practice. And, our affiliation with University of Maryland Medical System ensures you'll have unparalleled collaborative resources and mentoring opportunities.
- And, because we're located on the beautiful Chesapeake Bay, you'll enjoy the vibrant lifestyle you—and your family—have been searching for. Our small-town atmosphere and vast amenities are what make living here so unique: distinctive historic and waterfront communities and an endless variety of shopping, dining, fine arts, and recreation venues. The Eastern Shore offers an exceptional quality of life.
The preferred location to grow your practice.
You'll find the Eastern Shore the ideal community in which to build a thriving practice, with:
- A favorable payer mix, with an estimated 55% of the population carrying institutional coverage
- Ample referral from local primary care physicians
- A large adult patient population within 25 miles of your practice—with over 40% over the age of 45, so you'll be manageably busy from day one
- Many practices with full partnership options available within two years
A continual investment in technology.
Chester River's recent Capital Improvements include:
- An Advanced Diagnostic Imaging System, including state-of-the-art, 64-slice CT scanner.
- A Diagnostic Cardiac Cath Lab, part of a $6.6 million Capital Campaign that culminated in 2000.
- Technology Advancements including the new PACS picture archiving and communication system and the first approved FUJI digital mammography system in Maryland.
- Administrative Enhancements including Health Information System software to track deficiencies, correspondence, and medical records; a bar-coded medication administration system, online patient charting in several areas of the facility; a pathology system with voice recognition; and the NetKonnect online cardiac information viewing system.
To learn more, visit chesterriverhealth.org.
Chester River Health System at a Glance
- Medical Staff (combined)
Hospitalist model established
Specialty Care Areas, including:
Emergency Department Visits
Nursing and Rehabilitation Center
- Inpatient Beds
- Average Daily Census
- Long Term Care Days
- Rehabilitation Days
Home Care and Hospice Program
- Home Care Visits
- Hospice Patient Days
Recent Clinical/Programmatic Developments