Physician Employment Opportunities in Southern Maryland
Continued expansion, major investment in new technology, and a deeply rooted commitment to exceptional care make Civista Medical Center the community healthcare provider of choice to the people of southern Maryland—and the employer of choice for discerning physicians. Join us at Civista Medical Center, and you can expect:
- A vibrant community with a rich heritage.
Our location in the heart of the D.C-Baltimore-Richmond corridor can offer you—and your family—the best of all worlds. One of the fastest-growing counties in Maryland, Charles County is a charming community steeped in culture and history. And Civista Medical Center has been in the heart of it all. In fact, generations of families have been born here, and continue to trust us for their medical care. A convenient commute to the metro D.C. area...the history of a "true" community hospital...and the ideal place to live, work and raise a family—combine to make life in Charles County truly satisfying.
- A variety of practice options.
With a flagship 124 bed hospital in La Plata, an Ambulatory Surgery Center in Waldorf and OB/GYN Centers in Waldorf and La Plata, Civista Medical Center offers a variety of career choices for physicians.
- Community involvement.
A tight-knit and supportive group of medical practitioners, Civista physicians serve on many community boards and organizations including Hospice of Charles County, Partnerships for a Healthier Charles County, American Cancer Society, and many more.
- Unprecedented growth and expansion.
In 2008, Civista completed expansion of the medical center, doubling the size of the facility and vastly increasing services and capacity.
Civista Medical Center's growing specialty care services offer dynamic career opportunities for physicians in many clinical areas, including:
To learn more, visit www.civista.org.
- In 2008, Civista Medical Center completed the largest expansion in the center's history—an $82 million dollar project that includes a new patient tower with 60 private rooms; an Emergency Department that doubled in size, adding 29 private treatment rooms; and four new operating rooms with two minor procedure rooms.
- Civista Medical Center welcomed the addition of a number of technical enhancements including the new Fuji picture archiving and communications system (PACS), a state-of-the-art 64-slice CT scanner, and physicians' remote access to medical records.
Recent Clinical/Programmatic Developments
- Workplace Excellence Seal of Approval and the Health & Wellness Trailblazer Award for the 6th consecutive year
- Maryland Institute for Emergency Medical Services Systems (MIEMSS) - Primary Stroke Center designation
- Community Cancer Program accredited by the American College of Surgeons
- Laboratory fully accredited by the College of American Pathologists and the American Association of Blood Banks
- Mammography accreditation by the American College of Radiology (ACR)